What is a cookie?
Cookies are files that store and retrieve information relating to users’ browsing habits. The information obtained may be linked to the number of pages visited, the location from which a site was visited, the number of new users, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, as well as the browser or the device used to visit a site.
What types of cookies are used on this site?
Selon l’entreprise qui gère le domaine à partir duquel les cookies sont envoyés et qui traite les données reçues, on peut distinguer deux types de cookies :
- First party cookies: These are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher of the website in question.
- Third party cookies: These are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor but by another entity that processes the data obtained from cookies.
Cookies can also be categorised according to the purpose for which the data collected is processed:
- Striclty necessary cookies: Strictly necessary cookies ensure the basic function of a website. A site cannot function properly without these cookies and they can only be disabled by changing the user’s browser preferences. If they are disabled, the website may not work or display properly on the user’s device.
- Peformance cookies : These cookies collect information that is used on an aggregate basis to help the publisher understand how its website is used. This allows the publisher to improve the experience of its site users.
- Functional cookies : These cookies allow the publisher to record the habits, preferences and browsing activities of the user. This information is used to guarantee optimal operation and convenience for the user when visiting the site.
- Targeting cookies : These cookies allow the user to be shown personalised advertisements relevant to their interests. The user may see these advertisements on the publisher’s site or on other sites that the user visits. If the user deactivates these cookies, they will continue to see advertisements, however they will no longer be tailored to their interests.
Cookies can also be categorised according to the length of time that the cookies remain stored in the visitor’s browser:
- Session cookies : These collect and save data while the user visits the site.
- Persistent cookies : These collect data recorded on the device that can be accessed and processed for a defined period of time.
The following cookies are used on these website pages and sub-pages:
How do I manage cookies?
Users can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on their devices by setting the cookie preferences.
In addition, users can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on their devices via the browser configuration options.
Where will my data be transferred?
Your data will normally not be processed outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). A transfer of data to third party countries (i.e. countries that are not members of the European Union or the European Economic Area) may take place should this be necessary in order to carry out services for you, if required by law or where you have provided your consent.